Partner Giedrė Domkutė has more than 15 years of experience in the field of intellectual property and contract law. She specializes in licensing, franchising, contracting, real estate sales and leasing, mergers and acquisitions (M & A). Giedrė also advises clients on labour law, company law, bankruptcy and restructuring issues, represents Lithuanian and foreign companies in litigation.
– Advised and represented a construction company in a dispute with a state enterprise on remuneration for additional construction work performed.
– Advised clients and prepared hotel management contracts for hotels in the international chain.
– Advised international companies – clothing brand owners, catering network owners – on legal regulation of franchise issues in Lithuania, prepared franchising agreements.
– Advised and represented the buyer of real estate development company on the acquisition of the company, performed initial legal examination, prepared share purchase and sale contracts and other documents related to the transaction.
– Advised and represented a hotel in an international network in cases involving a construction company for the improperly completed construction works, delays in work.
– Advised a well-known international IT company on labour law issues.
– Advised and represented a Lithuanian company – a wholesaler of haberdashery in a dispute with the Lessor regarding the termination of the lease agreement.
– Advised and represented a client in the State Patent Bureau and Vilnius Regional Administrative Court in the first case in Lithuania concerning the restoration of lost patent rights.
Since 1999 — AAA Law
Since 2004 — Attorney at Law
2001-2004 — Assistant Attorney at Law
2001 — Vilnius University (Lithuania), Master in Law
Lithuanian, English, Russian
Lithuanian Bar Association, Member
International Bar Association (IBA), Member
Gives presentations at seminars and conducts trainings on intellectual property protection and commercialization, enforcement of trademark rights, business secrets and non-compete clause, corporate legal responsibility issues.
Prepares reviews for Doing Business in Lithuania.
Completed mediator courses in 2014.