Our partner Jonas Sakalauskas specialises in dispute resolution and customs law. Clients appreciate Jonas for his critical thinking and ability to lead cases or custom regulation strategies according to the client’s business interests.
Jonas has accumulated significant experience in representing clients in litigations involving corporate law, real estate and construction, energy and environmental protection. His expertise in public administration disputes is particularly valuable to the companies operating in the highly regulated sectors: trade, energy, alcohol production and others. Jonas participates successfully in the arbitration disputes also.
Likewise, Jonas Sakalauskas is one of the few customs experts with well-rounded experience in Lithuania. He advises export and import companies on commodity supply and customs law issues, as well as helps them resolving customs related disputes.
– Represented an energy company in an arbitration case regarding the validity of an investment agreement.
– Represented importers in disputes against Lithuanian Customs with regard to anti-dumping duties.
– Represented a production company in a dispute with Lithuanian Customs regarding the application of special customs procedures for excise goods.
– Represented one of the largest transport companies at the European Union Court of Justice in a matter regarding the VAT exemption regulation.
– Represented a real estate developer in civil and administrative cases regarding the legality of the construction of a real estate project and the validity of the construction permit.
– Represented a production company operating in a third country in a dispute against Lithuanian Customs regarding the tariff classification of products supplied to the European Union.
From 2018 — AAA Law
2012–2018 — Sorainen and Partners Law Firm
2010–2012 — Magnusson and Partners Law Firm
Since 2010 — Attorney at law
2008–2010 — Associate
2018 — ISM University of Management and Economics (Lithuania), Master of Science in Leadership (Financial Strategy and Management)
2009 — Mykolas Romeris University (Lithuania), Master in Law
2007 — Mykolas Romeris University (Lithuania), Bachelor in Law
Lithuanian, English, Russian
Lithuanian Bar Association, Member
Jonas prepares comments and articles on the subject of customs law, and is particularly interested in issues related to the origin of goods and anti-dumping duties. He also conducts workshops on various issues regarding customs law and the risk management of importers.